THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Meditation

There are many ways to meditate. Pure music and noises, guided, walking, the possibilities are endless.

This week i tried walking meditation and it just wasn't gonna happen. So then i tried running, that seemed to be at least doable for my face paced personality. But then today i applied the same concepts to swimming. It was perfect, and honestly one of the more rewarding meditations i've had in awhile.

Now keep in mind i don't suggest this to anyone who doesn't swim regularly, or perhaps isn't the strongest of swimmers.

To start off i completely tensed my body while i began to swim, focus on the very core of my limbs, the bones. I thought about how that tension felt for a while and then moved my focus to the surrounding muscles and ligaments. After i got a good sense of how the muscles were acting and feeling as i moved i changed focus to my skin, and how the water felt going over it.

Eventually i was able to move my focus onto how the water felt moving around me. How it felt from my motions and the others in the pool. The conectivity i gained to everyone in the water, and to the pure element itself was magnificent.

I've never been so close, energetically, to water before. This is something i plan on doing atleast once a week, since i swim atleast 4 days a week. It's easy and a great way to get in those few more minutes that you want to do. Even when you get into this meditative state while running will tack on atleast another couple miles.

0 comments: