THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Twilight

Ok so I'm standing here in line waiting to see New Moon. Never did i think that I'd get wrapped up in something like this! I remember when the first movie came out and I thought it was just silly. We'll a friend of mine keg talking about the books and I started to think that maybe I should read this saga everyone is talking about. It wasn't till last spring though that I picked up the first book.
Two days and two books later I was officially a fan. Then I saw the movie and was comentating through the whole thing. Its not very often that an author can create a story that appeals to all generations much less is actually appropriate. The books are a very VERY easy read but the story is so captivating it just blows your mind.
What a talent Stephanie Meyer has to truly be able to talk much less touch a vast range of people. Its no wonder that I am here waiting to get into a movie that won't open its doors for another hour and a half.

This does seem like an awfully silly thing to be doing on a Saturday night but how silly can it be? I think everyone has their own obsession and a good cult movie really let's you be a kid again. Just look at Pulp Fiction, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Star Wars and Star Trek. These are just a few with a massive cult following. It has been years since the last cult was started and what a better story than this?

So call me silly a dork whatever it may be but here I am waiting and what's worse is I already have two movies in my mind which I will be attending midnight showings. Enjoy the things you can and don't regret what you enjoy for you never know when you'll get the chance again.

0 comments: